How Food-Grade Curtains Can Help Facilities Maintain Regulatory Compliance
The Role of Food-Grade Curtains
Industrial curtains can be important part of a facility’s compliance strategy. They can serve as separation barriers between different areas of the facility, either installed as retractable or stationary. AmCraft’s curtains are fabricated to fit your space.
Some of the major North American agencies in charge of food safety are the:
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). The USDA is largely responsible for regulations around meat, poultry, and eggs.
- S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA primarily oversees processed foods, including dietary supplements, in the United States. This federal agency provides oversight on nutrition labeling and packaging. Drug safety, research, and approval also fall under the purview of the FDA.
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA). The CFIA manages regulatory oversight for a broad range of areas, including food safety and animal and plant health.
Food Processing Facilities and Pharmaceutical Plants
What kinds of facilities need to maintain compliance with these major regulatory agencies?
- Food processing facilities. Many different types of food processing facilities are subject to regulatory requirements. For example, a facility that manages meat products must maintain USDA compliance under the agency’s food safety and inspection rules.
- Food distribution warehouses. Once food has been processed and manufactured, it needs to be shipped to retail locations, which often means time spent in a distribution warehouse. These facilities, just like manufacturing and processing facilities, are required to maintain compliance with FDA rules on food safety.
- Pharmaceutical plants. Compliance with FDA regulations is essential in pharmaceutical plants, whether they are making over-the-counter medications or prescription medications.
- Regulatory compliance support. AmCraft’s food-grade curtains are made to comply with specific FDA, USDA and CFIA requirements relating to physical facilities that handle food products. The curtains are also Fire Rated ASTM E-84 Class A or NFPA-701.
- Stainless steel track system. AmCraft’s food-grade curtains are available with a stainless steel track system. Additionally, the welded construction of the curtain walls helps ensure bacteria is unable to grow.
- Easy-to-clean. The curtains, made of PVC vinyl, are both durable and easy-to-clean.
Food processing and distribution facilities, and in some cases pharmaceutical plants, need to carefully maintain food-grade compliance. Learn more about AmCraft’s food-grade curtains and how they can help your business.