When not in use, warehouses tend to be expansive, high-ceiled spaces. You can imagine them as a blank canvas. If there isn’t a future in warehousing for the space, it can be completely repurposed in a number of ways. Industrial warehouse space can become:
- An entertainment venue. Warehouse space could be repurposed to feature live music, or other entertainment like art or cinema. While it may seem like live music and any other in-person event are a distant memory, they will become a part of life again. Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is cautiously optimistic that live entertainment could make a comeback this fall.
- Office space. While remote work has become the norm for many people during the pandemic, the need for office space is unlikely to vanish entirely. As the rollout of the vaccine progresses and we are able to move back toward normal life, companies will be looking for space for their employees. Warehouses could have a second life as medical offices or some other kind of business.
- Production space. Warehouses could be put to use for another industrial purpose, such as manufacturing or testing. Industries such as biotechnology are booming, which likely means the need for more space.
Reimagining Your Space
Warehousing space still remains important. You may not need to completely repurpose your space. Maybe you only need to reimagine how it is used. Whether you are condensing operations or expanding the type of products stored and distributed through your warehouse, it is likely you will need to change how you utilize your space. How can you do more with the warehouse space that you have?
Industrial curtains can be used to change your warehouse’s layout and its capabilities.
- Separate spaces. Industrial curtains can help turn your warehouse into a flexible, multipurpose work space. Whether you need an airtight section or an enclosed workspace for administrative functions, you can use warehouse curtains to effectively divide different aspects of your facilities operations.
- Temperature control. Insulated curtains can also be put to work in warehouses to create storage space designed for temperature-sensitive products, such as food or pharmaceuticals.
- Sound control. If any of your repurposed work space includes noisy operations, acoustic curtains can be used to reduce sound and create quieter working zones for other team members.
Opting for retractable curtains also allows you to remain flexible as the needs of your warehouse change over time. Learn more about AmCraft’s industrial curtains and how we can help you get the most out of your warehouse space.