1. The threaded rod mounting system, with the side mount plate, is designed to attach to the side of a wooden beam that runs above your proposed track. The threaded rod allows you to drop the curtain and track down below your beam and also to level slope, if necessary.
2. The side mount plate is attached to the side of the wooden beam. The bolt to attach the side mount plate to your beam is NOT provided by AmCraft Mfg.
3. The threaded rod are to be attached to the plate via the threaded hole in the plate. There is no
additional hardware needed for this, the rods should stay in place in the plate.
4. The threaded rods are designed to drop down and connect to your track at the other end (the end not occupied by the mount plate). Threaded rods come is standard lengths and may need to be cut in the field.
a. If you have threaded rod couplings- Couplings are to join two threaded rods together, usually to create a longer drop from the beam to the track. Rods will thread directly into the coupling- one rod per each end of said coupling- and will remain held tight.
5. The rods should connect to the track- via connectors and split supports- at the other end. Please use the 3 nuts (provided) per threaded rod to track connection.
6. Threaded rod connectors are to be used at every connection point between two tracks. Please use the provided set screws to secure the tracks to the connector.
7. The threaded rod split supports are designed to hold the ends of each track run or support a curve. The split supports will support the track but will not connect two track pieces together.
8. If your track runs end at existing walls, you can substitute the split supports for wall mount end stops.
9. If your track runs do not end at existing walls, then please use the threaded rod split support- mounted to the I-beam above via the threaded rods, to support the end of your track. Adjustable end stops should be used at track end stop rollers from falling out of the track.
10. Once the track is mounted, the rollers should be slid into the tracking. The end stops should then be put in. Curtains can be hung from there.